A service provider who delivers real-time event data to buy- & sell-side firms is tired of paying too much for inferior reference data for global equities & corporate bonds.
Here’s how DIH fixed their problem…
Unhappy with their existing solution for security reference data for global equities and corporate bonds, our client hired DIH to find a more complete, accurate, and affordable solution. Having accurate and complete security reference data is a priority for this client. Such information covers dozen of data points, including:
- Issuer / Company: issuer name, industry ID, country of incorporation, etc.
- Security: ISIN, SEDOL, Bloomberg identifier, security description, primary exchange, currency, etc.
- Exchange / Market: MIC, exchange name, country, ticker symbol, etc.
Our client had looked at alternative solutions from the more established global providers of such security reference data, but found these vendors to be:
- Unresponsive to their inquiries, and not very knowledgable about the data they were trying to sell our client.
- Unsophisticated in the ways they could format and deliver the data.
- Inflexible when it came to the terms under which our client could license and redistribute their data to end-users.
- Unwilling to negotiate on the price for the data.
So they turned to DIH, and via our partnership with Exchange Data International (EDI), we were able to provide this client with the security reference information they needed. The result is a more complete and accurate data set, delivered in a more convenient way — all at a price point dramatically less than they were paying.