Avoid Transactions That Would Violate Restrictions.
Overview: Our Foreign Ownership Limits data enables you to calculate whether potential transactions would breach foreign stock ownership limitations. Also, index providers can use our data to determine the free float.
Coverage: DIH’s Foreign Ownership Limits data covers equities from over 50 countries.
History: We have historical data going as far back as 2019.
Updates: The frequency of updates varies from daily to quarterly depending on the exchange.
Delivery: You can receive our data in bulk files via download, S3 to S3, or API.
License Terms: We license our data for either your internal use only or for display/redistribution to your clients. Unlike other data providers, DIH does not have purge clauses – so if you ever stop receiving data from us, you do not have to a ransom to keep the data you’ve already received and for which you’ve paid.
Pricing: Several inputs go into the pricing for our data. For example, do you want data for all available countries or a subset? How much history do you want? Do you want updates going forward? Contact us to learn more.
Comply with Ownership Limits with Our Aggregated Data.
Our Foreign Ownership Limits data can be easily loaded into existing trading, compliance, and settlement systems to accurately calculate whether transactions breach foreign stock ownership limitations. This mitigates the risk of incurring costly compliance and operational expenses related to inappropriate trades.
Another benefit of our Foreign Ownership Limits data is that you can use it to calculate the free float of the companies that make up an index.
What’s Included in Our Foreign Ownership Limits.
To better understand what we include in our Foreign Ownership Limits data, a few definitions may be helpful:
- Foreign Investor – An organization or individual investing in a country of which they are not a citizen or in which they are not incorporated.
- Total Number of Stocks Held Directly by Foreigners – Indicates the total number of shares held by foreign stockholders in a company.
- Direct Holding Ratio – The foreign investors’ holding ratio is the ratio between the total number of stocks held by the foreigners and the total number of outstanding shares issued by the company.
- Upper Limit on Foreign Investment – Upper limit on foreign investment is the maximum investment level allowed by the government to the foreign person/company.
In addition to details on the foreign ownership, the data comes with security reference data to help with cross-referencing, including:
- Issuer Name
- Security Identifiers (e.g. Ticker Symbol, ISIN, etc.)
- Shares Outstanding
Who Can Benefit from DIH’s Foreign Ownership Limits?
Because Foreign Ownership Limits data is critical to trading, compliance, and settlements, a wide variety of firms rely upon DIH’s data, including:
- Investment banks
- Brokerage firms
- Hedge funds (systematic & non-systematic)
- Asset managers
- Proprietary trading firms
- High net worth investors
- Service providers (e.g. OMS, EMS, data vendors, etc.)
Flexible Updates & Delivery.
The frequency of updates varies from daily to quarterly depending on the exchange.
You can access our data in several ways:
Bulk File Download – For most of our clients, downloading our data in bulk files is most convenient. We can deliver files in various formats (e.g. CSV) via download, S3 to S3 transfer, etc.
API – Some use cases are better suited for on-demand delivery of specific data points via an API.